Together, We Accomplished So Much!
2017 was a busy year for PPC, and we’re proud to have achieved so much! Together, we:
- Recruited 16 new members, 8 Principals and 8 Associates.
- Created a new membership category for rigid box suppliers and welcomed 3 of those top firms to the association.
- Enhanced the portfolio of member-exclusive data reports, expanding the Rigid Box Operational Metrics Survey and Performance Report for Management, and adding a new Fringe Benefits Survey.
- Formed a Digital Converting Community of Interest to help members learn about the newest digital technologies and share knowledge.
- Secured more than 80 articles about the association and industry in over 15 different publications by distributing press releases and carrying out targeted public relations initiatives.
- Delivered the PPC Voice newsletter to over 1,000 e-mailboxes every week.
- Helped 16 member companies donate nearly 16,000 tree saplings to students across the country as part of the popular TICCIT program.
- Convened the association for two outstanding conferences: Charlotte, NC in the Spring and Scottsdale, AZ in the Fall. Both enjoyed historically high attendance and included engaging speakers, networking, and special committee workshops.
- Taught folding carton basics to industry newcomers during two Folding Carton Boot Camps.
- Held a Financial Executives and Human Resources forum in Cleveland, OH where attendees received crucial updates around healthcare, cybersecurity, and labor law, and also toured the facilities of PPC members BOXit Corp. and Tap Packaging Solutions.
- Presented Volunteer Leader Awards to Joel Zaas of BOXit Corporation and Mark Longnecker of Southern Champion Tray for their substantial contributions to the association.
- Worked with the Rigid Box Committee to plan Emmeci Operator Training courses for 2018.
- Educated upcoming package designers about paperboard by distributing 300 Ideas & Innovation folding carton design handbooks to university students across the country.
- Provided industry representation and spoke at the 2017 European Carton Manufacturers’ Association Congress.